Zucchini Ribbons with Sundried Tomatoes and Goat CheeseMay 19 2011 by
Looking for a fast, fresh and delicious idea for lunch or dinner? You can make this meal in 5 minutes or less and you only use 1 skillet to make it so clean up is easy. Small, tender zucchini are peeled into thin ribbons that cook quickly and the ‘sauce’ is melted goat cheese. How easy is that?
- 3 small zucchini
- 2 tbsp sun dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 3 tsp basil
- 2 tbsp soft goat cheese
- sea salt to taste
- With a vegetable peeler peel ‘ribbons’ from the zucchini by starting at the top and making one long stroke down the zucchini. If you are using a larger zucchini you may need to peel off the skin to avoid any bitterness and if the middle is seedy, stop peeling and save that part to puree for later use in meatballs, meatloaf or spaghetti sauce.
- Place the zucchini in a dry skillet and gently toss over medium heat until beginning to warm.
- Add the sundried tomatoes and basil. Continue tossing until the zucchini is tender and warm. Salt to taste.
- Stir in the goat cheese until melted and serve.
Makes 1 serving.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 196, Cal. from Fat: 115, Total Fat: 13g, Sat. Fat: 6.5g, Carbs: 7g, Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 4g, Protein: 7g, Sodium: 154mg, Chol: 22mg
This makes a great side dish too.