Zucchini ChipsJan 25 2011 by
Both of my kids are fruit lovers. Getting them to eat their veggies can be a struggle. So I wasn’t holding out much hope when I gave them some “superhero and princess chips” that would give them special powers! They ate them all up! The hardest part was sharing – not them, ME! I LOVED these chips and wanted them all for myself!
- 1/4 cup Homemade Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- heaping 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup cold milk (I used oat milk)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups sliced zucchini (about 2 small zucchinis)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine breadcrumbs, cheese (if using) and black pepper.
- In separate bowl add flour, milk and vinegar. Gently stir until combined but do not over stir.
- Dip zucchini slices in flour mixture and then dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Place coated zucchini slices on a baking sheet (I line mine with non stick foil for easy clean up!) and bake for 30 minutes, flipping the slices over once halfway through cooking, or until browned and crisp.
Makes 2 servings.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 224.5, Cal. from Fat: 33.5, Total Fat: 3.5g, Sat. Fat: 0g, Carbs: 41.5g, Fiber: 6.5g, Sugars: 12g, Protein: 9g, Sodium: 459mg, Chol: 0mg
These chips are best eaten right out of the oven. They don’t save well.