Yogurt DipDec 30 2010 by
I am not a huge fan of cucumber so when looking for a dip for Baked Pita Chips or Baked Falafel the traditional Tzatziki Sauce just wasn’t what I was looking for. I decided to work from the same base of yogurt but then add vegetables and seasonings that I like to make my own dip.
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt or Yogurt Cheese
- 1/4 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 – 3 tsp garam masala (I love this spice mix so I used 3 tsp but start with less and add more if you like)
- 1 – 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving.
Makes approximately 12 servings.
Serving size 2 tbsp.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 7.5, Cal. from Fat: 0, Total Fat: 0g, Sat. Fat: 0g, Carbs: .5g, Fiber: 0g, Sugars: .5g, Protein: 1g, Sodium: 4.5mg, Chol: 0mg
This dip can also be used as a marinade for chicken or fish. Just place the chicken or fish in a resealable bag or dish, cover and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour then cook using your preferred method.
Leftover yogurt dip will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.