Wheat Grass Energy ShakeJan 06 2011 by
It’s so great that you have decided to improve your health and vitality with good healthy nutrition. Doesn’t it feel good to know you are giving your body the best fuel possible? You won’t be puttering down the road anymore, you’ll be tearing it up with all your new energy. Fuel up with this energy shake and you will be ready to go.
- 1 cup plain kefir or milk of your choice (For a vegan drink use a non dairy milk)
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice (no sugar added)
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries (no sugar added), you can use fresh but the frozen berries are what give this drink a frosty shake consistancy.
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1 round fresh wheat grass (see notes) or 1 scoop organic wheat grass powder or 2 cubes frozen wheat grass juice
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and serve.
Makes 1 servings.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 270, Cal. from Fat: 23.5, Total Fat: 2.5g, Sat. Fat: 1.5g, Carbs: 45g, Fiber: 8.5g, Sugars: 21g, Protein: 17g, Sodium: 147.5mg, Chol: 10mg
1 round of fresh wheat grass is approximately 1 inch in diameter. If using fresh wheat grass you will need a juicer capable of processing the wheat grass into a puree, otherwise you just end up with slimy bits of grass.
Wheat grass has many nutritional benefits including:
- High alkalinity to help balance acidic pH levels
- Boosts your energy and immune system
- Insoluble fiber gently cleanses your digestive tract and promotes regularity
- Excellent source of folic acid, beta carotene and vitamin C