- 2 cups Easy Oven Baked Wehani Rice
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, washed with ends removed, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 tbsp organic low sodium soy sauce or tamari (if you follow a gluten free diet make sure to use a gluten free sauce)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp brown rice vinegar
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, very finely chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbed goat cheese (optional)
- In a small bowl mix together the soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, ginger, garlic and onion. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Using a steamer bag (or a pot of boiling water) and cook the asparagus until just tender.
- In a large bowl add rice and asparagus. Pour dressing over top and gently toss to evenly coat.
- Divide salad evenly among 4 plates and top each with a tbsp of crumbled goat cheese (if using).
Makes approximately 4 cups.
Serving size 1 cup.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 195, Cal. from Fat: 25, Total Fat: 2.5g, Sat. Fat: 0g, Carbs: 42g, Fiber: 3g, Sugars: 1g, Protein: 4g, Sodium: 700mg, Chol: 0mg
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.