Veggie Sub with Avocado SpreadJun 12 2012 by
Advertising really works, doesn’t it? I have had the stupid irobot song from the Roomba commercial stuck in my head for weeks and it’s driving me crazy. I would never even use a Roomba cause I am so OCD that I need to vacuum myself. Then there is the commercial for Newton Fruit Crisps from a year or so ago. They look so good and the crisp part is so tantalizing! Since Newtons aren’t something I wouldn’t eat I have been working on making something like them and am getting pretty close. The newest commercial to catch my attention is for Subway’s Avocado spread. Now that is something I definitely want to replicate, Naked Kitchen style. So here it is, a Veggie Sub with Avocado Spread and it is so de-lish!
For the sandwich
- 4 whole grain sub or hot dog buns of your choice
- veggies of your choice, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, green or red peppers, sprouts, etc.
- 8 tbsp Avocado Spread (recipe follows)
For the Avocado Spread
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 tbsp Ranch Dressing
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- In a small bowl mash the avocado.
- Add the Ranch Dressing and lemon juice and gently stir to combine.
- Place your veggies on the bottom half of the sub bun and spread 2 tbsp of the Avocado Spread on the top half of the bun.
- Cover the veggies with the top bun and prepare to treat your taste buds to a crunchy, creamy, yummy bite.
Makes approximately 1/2 cup of spread for 4 sandwiches.
Nutritional information not available as it would depend on the veggies used to make your sandwiches.
This Avocado Spread is best used right away as it tends to get discolored after several hours.
Avocado Spread is also good as a dip with chips or crackers.