Tzatziki SauceDec 30 2010 by
Tzatziki sauce is a versatile yogurt based sauce that can be used for Gyro’s, Greek salads, souvlaki or as a dip for pita chips and falafel. It’s easy to make and to customize to your own taste. I like lots of lemon juice and dill and less cucumber but you can mix it up any way you like to suit yourself.
- 2 cups plain low fat Greek yogurt or Yogurt Cheese
- 1/2 English cucumber with peel, grated (about 1/2 – 3/4 cup)
- 1 – 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 – 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped dill or 1 tsp dried
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Whisk all of the ingredients together in a bowl until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving.
Makes approximately 40 servings.
Serving size 1 tbsp.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 10.5, Cal. from Fat: 5, Total Fat: .5g, Sat. Fat: 0g, Carbs: .5g, Fiber: 0g, Sugars: <.5g, Protein: 1g, Sodium: 15mg, Chol: .5mg
Tzatziki sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.