Tropical KissFeb 11 2012 by
A warm night, soft breeze, the sun setting through the palm trees and the sound of gentle ocean waves breaking on the shore. Sound good? That’s what this drink reminds me of. The orange and red swirl through the glass like the sunset and a hint of coconut kisses your lips as you take your first sip. Even if you aren’t sitting and watching the sunset with your Valentine on a warm tropical night you can imagine it, can’t you?
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 5 ounces raw young coconut water (I like Body Ecology best)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened fresh pressed pomegranate juice (unsweetened cherry juice works too)
- Place the mango and coconut water into a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Pour the pomegranate juice into a small sauce pan and bring to a simmer on medium heat. Reduce heat to keep at a gentle simmer until reduced by half, about 5-7 minutes. This step is necessary as the juice would be too tart otherwise.
- When ready to serve divide the pomegranate reduction into two 6 ounce glasses (about 1 tbsp each). Pour the mango puree over the top and give a little swirl with a stir stick just to swirl the colors. Do not over mix. The drink would still taste good but it wouldn’t look as pretty.
- Enjoy your Tropical Kiss with your “honey” beside you no matter where you are. Happy Valentines Day.
Makes 2 (6 ounce) glasses.
Serving size 1 glass.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 107, Cal. from Fat: 4.5, Total Fat: .5g, Sat. Fat: 0g, Carbs: 21g, Fiber: 3.5g, Sugars: 22g, Protein: 1.5g, Sodium: 129mg, Chol: 0mg