Toasted Turkey SandwichNov 26 2010 by
Hands down my favorite part of Thanksgiving is turkey leftovers. There is nothing better than sliced turkey breast on a toasted sandwich with mayo and mustard. Excuse me while I wipe up my drool! This year I knew it was time to step it up a notch. There was no way I was having a turkey sandwich without incorporating my Mom’s Cranberry Relish in some way. Without further ado, I present the best ever after Thanksgiving toasted turkey sandwich!
- 2 slices bread (use your favorite whole grain or gluten free bread – I used a whole grain sourdough)
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise (I used Spectrum Brand Organic Mayonnaise)
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Several slices of leftover turkey breast (I prefer my sandwiches cold but you can heat your turkey up if you would like a hot sandwich)
- 2 tbsp Cranberry Relish
- handful of arugula leaves
- Toast your 2 slices of bread.
- Spread mustard on one slice, mayo on the other.
- On one slice of toast add the turkey breast, then the cranberry sauce, then the arugula leaves. Top with the other slice of toast.
- Cut in half and ENJOY!
Makes 1 servings.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 355, Cal. from Fat: 36, Total Fat: 6g, Sat. Fat: 0g, Carbs: 36g, Fiber: 9g, Sugars: 0g, Protein: 34g, Sodium: 187mg, Chol: 59mg
This sandwich is best eaten right away. There will be no leftovers – it’s that good! :)