Thanksgiving Salad with Cranberry VinaigretteNov 22 2011 by
This will be the first Thanksgiving where I don’t have my traditional after Thanksgiving Toasted Turkey Sandwich. Of course, after whipping up this fantastic cranberry vinaigrette that sandwich is a distant memory. I’m loving the sweet and sour of this dressing and could pretty much drink it up with a straw. This might be my favorite use of Thanksgiving leftovers yet!
Ingredients for Thanksgiving Salad:
- 1 package (5 ounces) mixed greens salad
- 1 apple, cored, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup pecans (I like to toast them first but that’s optional)
- 4 – 5 ounces dried unsweetened cranberries
- 2 – 3 ounces roasted pumpkin seeds
Ingredients for Cranberry Vinaigrette:
- 4 tbsp Cranberry Relish
- 1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- a squeeze or two of lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients for the vinaigrette in a small bowl (for a chunkier dressing) or blender (for a thinner dressing) and whisk together until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- In a large serving dish add the mixed greens and top with apple pieces, pecans, cranberries and pumpkin seeds.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to combine.
Makes 6 – 8 servings.
Nutritional info not available.
Leftover dressing can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.