Tangy Three Bean SaladMay 31 2011 by
This is one of my new favorite lunches. I love this tangy bean salad! The cucumber really adds a refreshing feel and the dressing is so light and flavorful. Not only is it super easy to throw together but the longer it sits the better it tastes! This dish is perfect for potlucks and get togethers – make it a day or two ahead of time and you have a delicious and healthy dish ready to go!
- 1 can (15 ounces) no salt added cannelloni beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) no salt added kidney beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) no salt added garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1 cucumber, seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely minced
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped (using fresh parsley in this recipes is a must – no dried stuff!)
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp raw honey or coconut nectar
- 2 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or Garlic Gold Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced (if you’re a garlic lover feel free to add in another clove)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Place the beans in a large colander, rinse well with water and drain.
- In a large bowl mix together the beans, cucumber, onion and parsley.
- In a separate small bowl whisk together the vinegar, honey, olive oil, salt, garlic and mustard.
- Add the dressing to the beans and gently stir to coat.
- Chill the salad in the refrigerator for several hours to allow the beans to soak up the flavor of the dressing.
Makes approximately 8 servings.
Serving size 1 cup.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 195, Cal. from Fat: 46, Total Fat: 5g, Sat. Fat: .5g, Carbs: 28.5g, Fiber: 9g, Sugars: 3.5g, Protein: 9g, Sodium: 38mg, Chol: 0mg
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Stir gently each time before serving.