Sun Dried Tomato Macadamia Nut RicottaOct 22 2012 by
This versatile ‘ricotta’ cheese can be used in many different recipes. I originally made it to go in a rice dish for my son in law Cliff. I had a little leftover so I spread it on a few crostini for lunch the next day. My favorite use for this zesty ricotta is in lasagna but really, the options are endless. Whip some up for yourself and find your favorite way to enjoy this dairy free version of creamy and delicious ricotta cheese.
- 2 cups raw macadamia nuts
- water to soak nuts
- 12 sun dried tomatoes. either in oil or rehydrated by soaking in hot water for 10 minutes
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tbsp Chicken-less Bouillon Seasoning
- Place the macadamia nuts in a bowl and cover with water. Soak 8-12 hours.
- Drain water, reserving liquid.
- Place the nuts in a high powered blender along with the remaining ingredients and 1/2 cup of the soaking liquid.
- Process using the tamper to push down the mixture until it is smooth and creamy. Add more of the soaking liquid as needed to get a creamy ricotta like consistency.
Makes about 2 cups.
Serving size 2 tbsp.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 40, Cal. from Fat: 30, Total Fat: 4g, Sat. Fat: .5g, Carbs: 2g, Fiber: .5g, Sugars: .5g, Protein: 1g, Sodium: 68mg, Chol: 0mg
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and use within 5- 7 days.