Summer Peach-sicleJun 27 2011 by
Orange creamsicles…are they still around? I still remember eating away all the orange outside to get to the creamy ice cream inside – YUM! Too bad they are seriously NOT HEALTHY! For this cleaned up version of a creamsicle I decided to use peaches because what says summer better than ripe peaches?! My daughter and I loved the results (my son and hubby are not fans of peaches). They were just the creamy treat I was craving and perfect for summer!
- 5 ripe peaches, pitted and skin removed
- 1 ripe banana, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt (non fat, low fat or even regular will work – just don’t use greek yogurt)
- 2 – 4 tbsp raw honey (I used 2 tbsp but if you’re going for a rich creamy flavor use 4 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour into 5 ounces plastic cups or traditional popsicle molds.
- Freeze for 45 minutes, insert popsicle sticks, and continue to freeze until popsicles are set.
- To serve, make a small incision in the lip of the plastic cup and tear off.
Makes 10 (4 ounce) servings.
Serving size 1 peach-sicle.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 73, Cal. from Fat: 2, Total Fat: 0g, Sat. Fat: 0g, Carbs: 16g, Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 14g, Protein: 2.5g, Sodium: 28.5mg, Chol: .5mg
Leftover peach-sicles will keep in the freezer for up to 1 month.