Spicy Infusion TeaDec 13 2011 by
I normally don’t drink flavored tea but around the holidays I love to make spiced tea. Take today for instance, I was out in the rain going in and out of a dozen different places running errands and when I got home all damp and cold the first thing I did was to brew up a hot cup of this delicious and aromatic spiced tea. The tea warmed me up and the aroma lifted my spirits. What better gift can you give to someone than some happiness in a cup?
- 1 orange, zest removed and dried *see notes
- 6 cinnamon sticks, broken into pieces
- 2 tbsp cardamom pods
- 2 tbsp whole cloves
- 2 tbsp whole allspice
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1/4 cup whole star anise
- 1/2 cup loose tea of your choice, black tea works best
- In a small bowl mix all of the ingredients.
- Place the tea mixture in a cellophane bag or other pretty container.
- Write out tea making instructions to include with the tea mixture.
Nutrition information not available.
To dry the orange zest peel the orange and remove the white pith. Cut the skin into strips and lay on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven at 200 degrees until dry, about 30 minutes.
Brewing instructions are as follows:
Place 1 tbsp of the tea mixture into a reusable tea bag or diffuser and place into a mug. Pour hot water (around 190 degrees) over the tea mixture and steep for 3 minutes.
Keeps for up to 3 months stored in a sealed bag or container.