Spicy Crispy Chicken WingsJan 31 2011 by
The quintessential Super Bowl food….chicken wings. You can find a ton of recipes for chicken wings – seems everyone has their own ‘secret’ recipe but one thing is certain – you can’t do a Super Bowl party without them. So here’s my ‘secret’ recipe for wings – ENJOY!
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 20 chicken wings (you can use with bone, boneless or even tenders)
- 1/4 cup olive oil or Garlic Gold Oil
- 4 oz bottle hot sauce (I used Tabasco brand)
- Line a baking sheet with non stick foil and set aside.
- In a plastic bag (or container) add flour, cayenne pepper, garlic and salt and shake to mix. Add chicken wings, seal and toss until well coated.
- Place the chicken wings on the baking sheet and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together the oil and hot sauce in a small bowl. Dip the wings into the mixture and return to the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes (turning over half way through) or until crisp and no longer pink in the middle.
- Serve with a side of Homemade Ranch Dressing or Blue Cheese Dressing.
Nutritional info will vary depending on how many wings come in the package you purchase.
These chicken wings are great served hot or even cold! They keep well in the fridge (use an airtight container) for about 3 days. You can reheat them in the oven or even the microwave!