Sesame Rice SaladOct 19 2012 by
I almost always have a large bowl of cooked brown rice on hand at home. My husband is a big fan of rice and we usually have Crispy Fried Rice for dinner at least once a week. I had a bit of leftover rice left at the end of the week and threw together this delicious cold salad. For a bit of fun I decided to take half of the recipe and make it into cute bite sized rice balls. This salad is also super yummy wrapped in a Nori wrap. Any way you serve it it’s sure to be delicious.
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp black sesame
- 1/2 tbsp white sesame
- 1 1/2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chopped Tamari Roasted Almonds
- 2 tbsp low sodium tamari, soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup diced avocado
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and combine until thoroughly mixed.
- To make into rice balls, mix together all the ingredients except the avocado and cucumber. Place a small amount of the rice mixture into a small plastic baggie and place a piece of avocado or cucumber in the center.
- Gather the plastic bag together and twist at the base. Carefully remove the rice ball from the plastic baggie and repeat with the remaining rice.
Makes approximately 4 cups of salad.
Serving size 1 cup.
Nutritional info not available at this time.
Leftover salad can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.