Savory Sweet Potato DipOct 08 2012 by
I’m a crackers and dip kinda girl. When I made my Rawesome Crackers last week for Vegan MoFo, I knew I would need a tasty dip to go with them. Normally I would whip up a batch of Homemade Hummus but I was out of chickpeas so I had to get creative. I literally threw this recipe together by mixing a few of my favorite things. I love sweet potatoes and the Asian flair added such a great flavor. While I used this as a dip for my crackers and veggies, it would be perfect as a healthy alternative to traditional mashed potatoes too.
- 1 large sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 1 tsp chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp sweet white miso
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce or tamari (if you follow a gluten free diet make sure to use a gluten free sauce)
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Serve as a dip (it’s great with cucumbers, celery or bok choy), a sandwich spread or as an alternative to mashed potatoes.
Makes approximately 2 cups.
Serving size 1/4 cup.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 42, Cal. from Fat: 16, Total Fat: 1.5g, Sat. Fat: 0g, Carbs: 6g, Fiber: .5g, Sugars: 4.5g, Protein: .5g, Sodium: 8mg, Chol: 0mg
Leftover dip can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.