Roasted AsparagusOct 08 2010 by
If there was a fan club for asparagus, I would probably be president. I LOVE this delicious green veggie. I will throw asparagus in just about any meal I can, but one of my favorite ways of eating it is roasted! It is so simple and easy to make. Oh and you can use this recipe on either green or white asparagus – I’m just partial to green cause it’s my favorite color!
- 20 stalks of asparagus
- 1 tbsp olive oil or Garlic Gold Oil
- 1/2 tbsp garlic salt or your favorite herbs and spices
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Rinse asparagus well, the tips often contain sand like particles and need to be rinsed thoroughly.
- Pat asparagus dry and holding a stalk towards the middle, use your other hand to bend the bottom in order to gently snap the bottom off. The bottoms contain the woody end that you don’t want.
- Place asparagus in a plastic bag and add olive oil and garlic salt. Shake well until evenly coated.
- Place asparagus on a baking sheet with no overlapping pieces. I like to line my baking sheet with nonstick foil for a super easy clean up!
- Place in oven for about 7-10 minutes. ENJOY!
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 54, Cal. from Fat: 36, Total Fat: 4g, Sat. Fat: .5g, Carbs: 0g, Fiber: .5g, Sugars: 0g, Protein: 0g, Sodium: 165mg, Chol: 0mg
You can also add some balsamic vinegar for added flavor! Feel free to use your favorite spices in place of or in addition to the garlic salt.