Rainbow SaladOct 14 2011 by
You know Skittles were really on to something when they told you to taste the rainbow. Unfortunately their rainbow contains: sugar, corn syrup, hydrogenated palm kernel oil, apple juice from concentrate, less than 2% – citric acid, dextrin, modified corn starch, natural and artificial flavors, coloring (includes yellow 6 lake, red 40 lake, yellow 5 lake, blue 2 lake, yellow 5, red 40, yellow 6, blue 1 lake, blue 1), ascorbic acid (vitamin c).
I have a much better rainbow for you to taste! One that isn’t filled with processed, artificial sugars and a boatload of chemical coloring. Here’s the rainbow nature intended you to taste!
- (Red) radish, finely chopped
- (Orange) carrot, finely chopped
- (Yellow) cauliflower, finely chopped (I used a yellow cauliflower but the traditional white variety works great too)
- (Green) broccoli, finely chopped
- (Blue) sorry, I have nothing for blue : (
- (Indigo) purple cabbage, finely chopped
- (Violet) red onion, finely chopped
Preparation for Rainbow Salad:
- In a large bowl add in any amount of the ingredients above and stir well.
- Top with Homemade Croutons and your favorite dressing.
Nutritional info will vary greatly depending on the ingredients used.
Leftover salad can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.