Peach Breakfast CrispAug 12 2011 by
My daughter is fruit obsessed. She hasn’t met a fruit she doesn’t like and would eat fruit 24/7 if I let her. Every time we go grocery shopping she asks me to buy peaches. Now I have nothing against peaches – I love them – but the skin freaks me out so I rarely buy them. But this last shopping trip I gave in and bought a bunch of peaches. Keegan loves helping me cook so we decided to treat everyone to a special breakfast treat. We devoured this dish! I topped mine with a Homemade Whipped Cream and was in heaven. This would make a terrific dessert as well! ENJOY!
- 5-6 peaches, washed and sliced (you can remove the skins if you’d like)
- 1/2 cup raw coconut crystals
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, cold
- 1/4 cup crushed almonds
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (if you follow a gluten free diet make sure to use gluten free oats)
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the sliced peaches in an even layer in a 8×8 glass baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the coconut crystals, salt, and the flour. Using your fingers, incorporate the oil until coarse crumbs form – kinda like wet sand.
- Mix in the oats and almonds.
- Sprinkle the oat topping on the peaches until evenly covered.
- Bake until the top is golden and the fruit is tender, about 45 to 55 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 374.5, Cal. from Fat: 163, Total Fat: 18g, Sat. Fat: 8g, Carbs: 50g, Fiber: 6.5g, Sugars: 31.5g, Protein: 7.5g, Sodium: 20mg, Chol: 0mg
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge although the topping will not be as crisp once it’s reheated.