Mock V8 JuiceDec 10 2010 by
When it comes to healthy eating and my husband, I often have to rely on my creative ability when making meals for him. He has a VERY limited selection of vegetables that he will eat and providing healthy, well rounded meals proves to be difficult sometimes. He does however like fruit so I created a ‘mock’ V8 type drink that packs a powerful punch of healthy vegetables and ‘disguises’ them with strawberries and a banana. My daughter, also not a big vegetable eater, loves this drink. She asks for it everyday and has no idea of it’s hidden nutritional benefits. If you’re not a fan of strawberries or bananas you can substitute with oranges, cranberry or grape juice.
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large handful spinach
- 1-2 carrots, grated
- 1/4 sweet onion
- 1-2 celery stalks
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Fiery Hot Sauce (optional)
- 16 ounce package of no sugar added frozen whole strawberries
- 4-5 bananas, peel removed
- Place the first 9 ingredients in a food processor or blender and process on high speed until the juice reaches a smooth consistency. (Make sure you have a big enough blender to hold all the ingredients, if not work in batches)
- Next, add the bananas and strawberries. Pulse until smooth.
Makes approximately 48 ounces.
Serving size 8 ounces.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 121, Cal. from Fat: 3, Total Fat: 0g, Sat. Fat: 0g, Carbs: 29.5g, Fiber: 4.5g, Sugars: 16g, Protein: 2g, Sodium: 13.5mg, Chol: 0mg
When I make this juice I blend together the first 9 ingredients only and store the juice in a sealed container in the fridge. Then as I want to make a glass, I add the premade juice (just a little over a cups worth) and only enough strawberries and bananas for a single serving to my blender (about 5 frozen strawberries and one banana). My blender isn’t big enough to hold all the ingredients but if yours is then you can make the juice all at once instead of in stages.