Mocha Almond Iced CoffeeJul 17 2012 by
I love coffee. Even as a child when I would go along with my mom to the grocery store I loved the coffee isle with bags of fresh ground coffee wafting out and drawing me to them for a sniff of that enticing aroma. A nice steaming hot cup of coffee on a winter’s morning can make my day but hot coffee in the summer just doesn’t have quite the same appeal after coming in from a run in the morning. Iced coffee is just the thing I need for that. Cool, creamy and delicious. You don’t need a pricey coffee house or a nasty pre made can or carton of iced coffee to enjoy your cup of joe. Cold brew up some of this coffee overnight and in the morning you will be ready to enjoy and be refreshed.
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup fresh ground coffee (I find that coarse ground works best)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Homemade Almond Milk
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2-4 tbsp raw coconut crystals, according to preferred sweetness
- Pour the water into a pitcher or large bowl. Stir in the coffee until completely mixed with no lumps. Cover and let “brew” at room temperature 8-12 hours.
- Strain the coffee through a sieve lined with ultra fine cheese cloth or a paper coffee filter. This takes a little while as you will have to pour a little at a time until all the coffee is filtered.
- In a small sauce pan add the cocoa powder, coconut crystals and 2-3 tbsp of the almond milk. Stir until completely smooth.
- Add the remaining almond milk and the coconut milk and stir.
- Heat on low until the sugar is completely dissolved and the chocolate mixture is smooth and creamy. Set aside to cool.
- Fill a glass with ice. Pour in 1 cup coffee and 1/4 cup cooled chocolate mixture. Stir and enjoy.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information not available at this time.
Store coffee and chocolate mixture in separate containers in the refrigerator until ready to consume.