Mini Pizza BitesDec 27 2010 by
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this recipe. It’s fun, bite sized and so yummy! These mini pizza bites are the perfect little appetizer or hor d’oeuvres for a party or special get together. The best part - they are so simple and easy to make! Enjoy!
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 egg or 3 tbsp egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups Italian cheese blend
- 4 ounces summer sausage, prosciutto or pancetta
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 1 cup marinara or pizza sauce
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a mini muffin tin (there should be 24 mini muffins) with olive oil.
- Cut the sausage into small bite sized pieces and place in a large bowl. Add in the flour, baking powder, milk, egg, cheese and oregano. Stir thoroughly to combine.
- Spoon the batter into the mini muffin cups.
- Place muffin tin in the oven for about 15 – 18 minutes. Remove mini pizza bites from muffin tin and serve with marinara or pizza sauce.
Makes 6 servings.
Serving size 4 pizza bites.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 203.5, Cal. from Fat: 106.5, Total Fat: 12.5g, Sat. Fat: 5g, Carbs: 13g, Fiber: 2g, Sugars: 1.5g, Protein: 11g, Sodium: 546.5mg, Chol: 33.5mg
Any leftover pizza bites can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 – 3 days.