Market Fresh Pasta Salad with Creamy Avocado Hemp DressingApr 02 2014 by
Spring has sprung and with it the arrival of an abundance of veggies! My farmer’s market has been loaded with avocados, gorgeous carrots of all colors, fresh peas, beautiful leeks, onions and delicious peppers. I love a good pasta salad and with all the fresh veggies I stocked up on this week I knew this dish would hit the spot. The creamy avocado hemp dressing is loaded with healthy fats, omega 3′s and protein and is so yummy you’ll want to grab a spoon and dig in! For the salad feel free to use any of your favorite veggies and even throw in some nuts, seeds or grains for a fun twist.
- 12 ounces pasta of your choice
- veggies of your choice, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp freshly squeeze lemon juice
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 heaping tsp of smoked paprika
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp brown rice vinegar
- dash of soy sauce
- Cook the pasta according to the directions. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add in the veggies and set aside.
- In a blender add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth. Add to the large bowl and toss to mix well.
- Serve immediately or chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
Makes 2-4 servings.
Store leftover salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.