Lemony Pasta SaladApr 25 2012 by
This dish is inspired by a recent lunch I had while dining at a little sidewalk cafe near Oceanside Harbor. I hadn’t been very hungry so I ordered their arugula salad. It ended up being so delicious that I seriously debated ordering one to go to have for dinner that night. The peppery taste of arugula along with the tart, tangy lemon dressing was fantastic. I just knew I had to recreate this dish at home. It was so easy to toss together and is the perfect springtime meal – light and refreshing. Enjoy!
- 12 ounces pasta of your choice (I used Jovial Brand Brown Rice Spaghetti pasta)
- 4 tbsp Garlic Gold Oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, minced
- zest from one lemon
- juice from one lemon
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper or more to taste
- 1/3 cup water
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- arugula or your favorite salad greens
- Cook your pasta according to the directions on the package. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add the oil, garlic, lemon juice, red pepper and water to a small bowl and stir well to mix.
- In a large bowl mix together the pasta and the dressing and toss well to combine.
- Place a large handful of arugula on a plate and add a cup of pasta. Top with a sprinkle of lemon zest and some toasted walnuts.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional info will vary greatly depending on the type of pasta used.
For a gluten free dish make sure to use a gluten free pasta.
Leftover pasta can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.