Lemon Thyme MuffinsApr 30 2011 by
I was looking for an alternative to the typical whole wheat roll for a dinner I was making and came up with these savory muffins. They are light and airy and since they are made with almond meal flour, gluten free as well for anyone on a GF diet. They paired really well with New Potatoes and Asparagus I served them with.
- 1 cup almond meal flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup raw coconut crystals
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12 cup mini muffin tin with olive oil.
- In a medium bowl combine the almond flour, soda and salt.
- In a small bowl whisk together the eggs, oil and coconut crystals. Mix well.
- Combine the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Fold in the thyme and lemon zest.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared mini muffin tins about 3/4 full.
- Bake 10 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in the baking tin 5 – 10 minutes and then remove.
Makes 12 muffins.
Serving size 2 muffins.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 230.5, Cal. from Fat: 175, Total Fat: 20g, Sat. Fat: 2g, Carbs: 8.5g, Fiber: 2g, Sugars: 4.5g, Protein: 6g, Sodium: 98mg, Chol: 70mg
For best results muffins should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.