Green Bean CasseroleNov 14 2011 by
I don’t think I’ve ever had a Thanksgiving dinner without Green Bean Casserole. Now I may or may not be the person that eats all the fried onions off the casserole before dinner even starts. I also might be the person who picks the pecans off the pie. But getting back on track, this green bean casserole is delicious and you won’t find any cans of unhealthy soup in this recipe. I hope you enjoy this Thanksgiving staple as much as my family does. Enjoy!
- 8 cups cooked cut green beans
- 2 1/2 cups Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 20-25 Onion Rings (Amount will depend on the size of the rings you use. I used smaller rings for this recipe and ended up needing just under 30 rings.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix green beans and soup together in a 3 quart casserole dish.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and top with onion rings. Place back in the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Makes 12 servings.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 92, Cal. from Fat: 21, Total Fat: 2g, Sat. Fat: 0g, Carbs: 14g, Fiber: 3g, Sugars: 4g, Protein: 3.5g, Sodium: 170mg, Chol: 0mg
Leftover casserole can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.