Fruit and Yogurt ParfaitDec 17 2010 by
I love fruit parfaits. Fresh fruit and creamy yogurt – YUM! It’s been many years since I’ve eaten at McDonalds but back in the day my favorite thing from there was their Fruit and Yogurt Parfait. There were times when I skipped the burgers and fries completely and went straight to the parfaits. I won’t embarrass myself further by telling you how many I could easily down. Let’s just say I pulled out the Mom card and told the cashier “No, these aren’t all for me, I have kids, see!” I still eat way to much of this dessert. Now I just get to do it in the comfort of my own home!
- 32 ounces non fat (or low fat) plain yogurt
- 32 ounces part skim ricotta cheese
- 5-6 cups fresh berries of your choice
- In a large bowl mix together ricotta cheese and yogurt.
- In another large bowl gently mix together all the berries.
- Spoon a layer of the yogurt mixture into the bottom of 6 parfait glasses.
- Next add a layer of berries and top with another layer of the yogurt mixture. Continue adding a layer of berries and yogurt until you reach the top of the glass.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 359, Cal. from Fat: 109, Total Fat: 12g, Sat. Fat: 7.5g, Carbs: 37g, Fiber: 7.5, Sugars: 19.5g, Protein: 26.5g, Sodium: 303mg, Chol: 51mg
The parfaits can be made ahead of time and kept chilled in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
As an optional twist you can also add one or two tsp of vanilla extract to your yogurt mixture. You could also sweetened your fruit a little by adding a tbsp or so of raw honey.