Frozen Grape SkewersMar 22 2011 by
Ok, so this isn’t really a recipe but I thought I would share with you a fun thing I like to do when ‘the best grapes in the world’ are in season. Muscat grapes are so good that I am addicted to them. Let me tell you what a glorious day yesterday turned out to be. Sarah and I usually shop together. We split up and do our shopping, Caleb with me and Keegan with Sarah and we meet back up at the check out when done. Part way through my shopping I saw Sarah and Keegan coming down the isle towards us looking excited. When they got to us Sarah said, “the grapes, they have the grapes.” I looked into her cart and it was practically covered in packages of grapes, muscat grapes. I ran back to the produce department and filled my own cart with those sweet juicy beautiful grapes. Happy day. So now, what am I going to do with all of these grapes, besides over-indulging? I freeze them and they become perfect little frozen delights. If you can find Muscat grapes, buy them, but if not this works for any variety of grape.
- 1 package or any amount seedless grapes of your choice
- wooden skewers or freezer bags
- Wash the grapes and destem them.
- Place the clean grapes on paper towels and pat to thoroughly dry.
- Skewer 8 or so grapes on each stick.
- Lay the skewers on a baking sheet or glass pan in a single layer.
- Place in the freezer for at least 5-6 hours or until the grapes are thoroughly frozen.
- Eat as is or use as a garnish over a salad or clean sorbet.
- To freeze without the skewers, place the washed and dried grapes on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 5-6 hours or until the grapes are frozen.
- Divide into 1 cup servings and place in freezer bags.
- Place back in the freezer until ready to eat.
Serving size 1 cup grapes.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 62, Cal. from Fat: 3, Total Fat: 0g, Sat. Fat: 0g, Carbs: 16g, Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 15g, Protein: 1g, Sodium: 2mg, Chol: 0mg
Once frozen the grapes should be eaten frozen. If thawed they will turn mushy.