Easy Roasted GarlicMar 03 2011 by
For someone that loves garlic as much as I do, I need to have a simple and easy go to roasted garlic recipe. I learned this tip a few years ago and have used it ever since for roasting garlic. It’s simple and easy and makes clean up a breeze!
- 4 whole garlic bulbs
- olive oil or Garlic Gold Oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Peel away the outer layers of the garlic bulb skin, leaving the skins of the individual cloves intact.
- Using a knife, cut off 1/4 to a 1/2 inch of the top of cloves, exposing the individual cloves of garlic.
- Cut 4 sheets of tin foil into 6×6 inch squares. Place one garlic head in the middle of each sheet of foil and curl up the sides to form a bowl.
- Drizzle a couple tsp of oil over each head, using your fingers to make sure the garlic head is well coated.
- Cover the garlic bulbs completely with foil and place each ‘foil ball’ into a muffin cup.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the cloves feel soft when pressed.
- Allow the garlic to cool enough so you can touch it without burning yourself. Using a small knife cut the skin slightly around each clove. Use a cocktail fork or your fingers to pull or squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of their skins.
I love eating roasted garlic right out of the oven but it’s also great as a spread. Just mash with a fork and spread over warm whole wheat French bread or Baked Pita Chips.