Crispy Pea SaladFeb 28 2011 by
After my husband and I got done house hunting in California we boarded the plane to take us home. When we left San Diego, CA it was a gorgeous day, 70 degrees and absolutely sunny. When we landed in Chicago, IL it was not so nice, cold and snowy! I really needed a meal that would make me feel like I was back in sunny San Diego and this crispy pea salad did just the trick. Not only is it SUPER easy to make but it’s light and so refreshing! Without a doubt I will be making this throughout the summer months!
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen organic petite peas (do not thaw)
- 6 ounces almonds, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, roughly chopped
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise (I use Sprectrum Brand Organic Mayonnaise)
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine the frozen peas, green onions, almonds, and water chestnuts.
- Gently fold the mayonnaise into the pea mixture.
- Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Makes 5 servings.
Serving size about 1 cup.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 345.5, Cal. from Fat: 206.5, Total Fat: 24.5g, Sat. Fat: 1g, Carbs: 21g, Fiber: 7g, Sugars: 6.5g, Protein: 11.5g, Sodium: 9mg, Chol: 0mg
If you are not eating the salad immediately after making it be sure to wait and only add the almonds once you are ready to serve. You should do the same with any leftovers. Store the almonds separately from the main salad.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.