Crispy Garlic Chicken TendersMay 12 2011 by
This is one of my top 10 all time favorite recipes. I’ve actually been making this recipe for many, many years now. The chicken is infused with garlic and the crispy coating adds the perfect crunch! You can use chicken tenders as well as any thinner piece of chicken to make this recipe. I’ll sometime get hand filleted chicken breasts and use them to make a chicken parmesan sandwich. Place a piece of the chicken on a bun and top with a piece of mozzarella cheese and marina sauce and you’re good to go!
- 1 pound chicken tenders (about 10 tenders)
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or Garlic Gold Oil
- 5-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup whole wheat panko
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- sea salt
- In a small bowl mix together the minced garlic and olive oil. Set aside.
- Using a glass baking dish, line the chicken tenders up in a row and drizzle the olive oil mixture over top. Cover with lid and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix together the breadcrumbs, panko, cheese, oregano and salt. Pour the mixture onto a large flat plate.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge and lay each tender in the breadcrumb mixture then flip over to coat the other side.
- Place the tenders on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Half way through cooking flip the tenders over.
- Eat the tenders as is or enjoy with some Honey Mustard Dressing.
Makes 2 servings.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 293.5, Cal. from Fat: 118, Total Fat: 13.5g, Sat. Fat: 3.5g, Carbs: 14.5g, Fiber: 2g, Sugars: .5g, Protein: 30.5g, Sodium: 334mg, Chol: 76mg
Any leftovers are best stored by wrapping in foil and reheating in the oven.
If you’re having trouble finding whole wheat panko simply omit and double the amount of breadcrumbs. Wanna make your own breadcrumbs? Check out our Homemade Breadcrumbs for a flavorful alternative.