Creamy Sweet Onion DressingMar 07 2012 by
Years and years ago there was a little restaurant in Grand Rapids, MI where I used to live that had an onion dressing that was so good I would literally eat it with a spoon. Seriously, I did. I’m not proud but it was that good. I’ve been trying for almost 10 years now to recreate that dressing. Now, this recipe didn’t end up tasting anything like that dressing but it was delicious. I used it all week on my salads and I even enjoyed dipping pieces of carrots and broccoli in it. While I’m still on the search for my Grand Rapids onion dressing this will be a nice substitute in the meantime. Enjoy!
- 1/2 medium sweet yellow onion
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp raw honey or coconut nectar
- a dash of salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 cup extra virgin oil olive or Garlic Gold Oil
- Place the onion, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper in a blender and pulse on medium for a few seconds.
- Turn the blender to low and slowly drizzle in the olive oil. The dressing should emulsify and you will end up with a creamy dressing.
Makes approximately 2 cups.
Serving size 2 tbsp.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 126.5, Cal. from Fat: 119, Total Fat: 13.5g, Sat. Fat: 1.5g, Carbs: 1.5g, Fiber: 0g, Sugars: 0g, Protein: 1.5g, Sodium: 0mg, Chol: 0mg
Leftover dressing should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.