Creamy Goat Cheese Topped MushroomsDec 18 2010 by
Sometimes simple can be so extraordinary. How simple, to take mushrooms, top them with creamy cheese, bake in marinara sauce and end up with a fantastic appetizer that looks and tastes delicious.
- 12-14 medium sized portabella mushrooms (about 12 oz.), stems removed
- 1 cup of your favorite marinara sauce
- 4 oz soft goat cheese or feta cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped pitted black olives
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread marinara sauce in the bottom of a 9 x 9 or similar baking dish.
- Arrange the mushrooms, top side down, over the sauce.
- Spoon 2 tsp goat or feta cheese onto each mushroom.
- Sprinkle evenly with the olives.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Garnish with parsley, serve and enjoy.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 68.5, Cal. from Fat: 45, Total Fat: 5g, Sat. Fat: 2.5g, Carbs: 1.5g, Fiber: >.5, Sugars: 1g, Protein: 3g, Sodium: 298.5mg, Chol: 16.5mg
These mushrooms are always a BIG hit at our Christmas morning brunch. Although we usually never have any left, if you do have leftovers they can be kept in a sealed container in the fridge for about 2 to 3 days. Simply reheat in the microwave.