Creamy Garlic Pasta with BroccoliDec 03 2011 by
I was never a big fan of The Olive Garden but they did have one dish I really liked – Chicken con Broccoli. It was made with orecchiette pasta and had a delicious creamy garlic sauce that was mixed in with pieces of broccoli and topped with chicken. When I tasted my Creamy Garlic Sauce the first time I immediately thought back to that Olive Garden dish. While Olive Garden has since taken this meal off their menu you can easily recreate it at home, which is a good thing considering the calories, fat and sodium of the original meal was almost a full days serving.
- 2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 8 ounces pasta of your choice, cooked to al dente (I used Eden Organic 100% Whole Grain Kamut Spaghetti)
- 1 1/2 cups Creamy Garlic Sauce
- 1/4 cup Homemade Breadcrumbs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl add the pasta and broccoli and stir gently to combine. Add the garlic sauce and gently stir until evenly coated.
- Transfer to 9 x 12 glass baking dish. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs (if using) and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 364.5, Cal. from Fat: 138, Total Fat: 15g, Sat. Fat: 1.5g, Carbs: 44.5g, Fiber: 8.5g, Sugars: 3g, Protein: 14.5g, Sodium: 1041mg, Chol: 0mg
Leftovers can be store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can freeze the leftovers for up to 6 months but you’ll want to add a bit of sauce when you reheat as the pasta will be a bit dry.