Coconut Chili SauceDec 22 2011 by
Now that the Thai Chili Sauce has been made it’s time to put it to good use in a flavorful sauce that I like to use to cook rice or spoon over steamed vegetables or Soy and Nut burgers. It makes ordinary rice or vegetables seem like a special treat and the Soy and Nut burgers even yummier than they are on their own.
- 1 cup unsweetened lite coconut milk
- 1-4 tbsp Thai Chili Paste (start with one and add more until you reach your desired level of heat)
- 1 fresh lime, juiced
- 1-2 tbsp raw honey or coconut nectar
- sea salt to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small sauce pan and heat over medium heat until simmering.
- Reduce heat to maintain a light simmer and cook 5-10 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Serve over cooked vegetables, bean burgers or fish.
Makes 1 cup.
Serving size 2 tbsp.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 35, Cal. from Fat: 15, Total Fat: 1.5g, Sat. Fat: 1g, Carbs: 4g, Fiber: 0g, Sugars: 3g, Protein: 0g, Sodium: 19mg, Chol: 0mg
Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.