Tomato Avocado Salad with Cilantro Lime DressingMay 26 2011 by
First 90 + degree day of the season. Seems like we were just talking snow and BAM, hit with hot and humid weather. This calls for a quick and easy meal that doesn’t involve a lot of fuss. Nothing could be easier than this cool, refreshing salad. So get your plate and grab a chair outside and watch the sunset on this first summer-like evening and enjoy.
- 2 large beefsteak or other large tomatoes, sliced into 6 slices each
- 4 scallions, white ends only, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- 8 ounces grilled beef steak, sliced into strips (optional)
- 1 cup black beans, cooked (optional)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 limes (to taste), juiced and 1 tbsp zest
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Layer 3 slices of tomato on each serving plate.
- Evenly arrange the avocado and onion over the tomatoes.
- Divide the steak or black beans (if using) over the tomatoes and avocados and place on top of the salad.
- In a small bowl whisk together the remaining ingredients except the zest and drizzle over the salad.
- Garnish with the lime zest.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 292.5, Cal. from Fat: 242.5, Total Fat: 28.5g, Sat. Fat: 4g, Carbs: 11g, Fiber: 7g, Sugars: 2g, Protein: 2.5g, Sodium: 17mg, Chol: 0mg
Nutritional info does not take into account optional ingredients.
This salad does not keep well so only make what is necessary and assemble the ingredients as needed for your specific serving amount.