Blueberry LemonadeJul 02 2011 by
One of my favorite parts of summertime is sitting outside in the evening enjoying a glass of cold lemonade. I had some leftover fruit puree from the Fruit Popsicles that the kids and I made the other day and thought it would be fun to mix it into my lemonade. It was delicious! Now, you can find tons of recipes online for fruit flavored lemonades. Unfortunately 99% of them contain sugar. In fact most will contain more sugar than fruit! This lemonade celebrates the deliciousness of fresh fruit and tart lemons plus adds a bit of fizz to make this one delicious summertime drink!
- 4 1/2 cups sparkling mineral water
- 1-2 tbsp raw honey or coconut nectar (the amount will depend on how sweet or tart you want your lemonade)
- 6 lemons
- 1 1/2 cups blueberry puree (about 1 pint of fresh blueberries pureed in a blender)
- In a microwave safe bowl or small saucepan add all the honey, lemons and blueberry. Warm the mixture slightly and stir well to throughly combine.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes and pour into a large picture. Add the mineral water and pour over ice to serve. Garnish each glass with fresh blueberries and a slice of lemon.
Makes approximately 6 cups.
Serving size 1 cup.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 49, Cal. from Fat: 1, Total Fat: 0g, Sat. Fat: 0g, Carbs: 13.5g, Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 8.5g, Protein: 0g, Sodium: 4mg, Chol: 0mg
Strawberry, raspberry or even cherry would work well in place of the blueberry in this recipe. Have fun experimenting and see what delicious flavors you can come up with!