Cinnamon Roasted AlmondsDec 12 2010 by
Although cinnamon roasted almonds make it onto our table for our Christmas morning brunch, they don’t last long! I LOVE these little bits of heavens. For me, it’s almost worth it to brave the crowds at the mall just to smell the cinnamon roasted almonds that show up at those little kiosks this time of year. ALMOST! Now the wonderful aroma can fill your kitchen at home!
- 2 cups whole raw almonds (you can also use roasted almonds – just make sure you DON’T use salted almonds)
- 2 1/2 tbsp brown rice syrup or raw coconut nectar
- 4 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp raw coconut crystals or date sugar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix together the coconut crystals and cinnamon.
- Place the almonds in a large bowl and add in the coconut nectar. Stir well to evenly coat the almonds.
- Add the coconut crystal mixture to the almonds and stir to evenly coat.
- Transfer the almonds to a parchment or foil lined baking sheet and spread evenly in a single layer.
- Bake for about 25 minutes. The almonds will still be very sticky – that’s ok! They ‘crisp’ up once they cool.
- Cool for 20 minutes and serve.
Makes 8 servings.
Serving size 1/4 cup.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 241, Cal. from Fat: 148, Total Fat: 17.5g, Sat. Fat: 1g, Carbs: 17.5g, Fiber: 6g, Sugars: 7g, Protein: 7.5g, Sodium: 4.5mg, Chol: 0mg
Almonds can be stored in a sealed container at room temperature for about a week – that’s if you have any left!