Chocolate Pistachio Covered ApricotsJun 11 2012 by
This is one of my favorite summer desserts. It’s simple, quick and the perfect ending to your meal. My husband and I often relax at the end of the evening with a glass of wine while we watch the sun go down and these little treats are wonderful for nibbling on as we sip our wine. Enjoy!
- 24 dried apricots
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips of your choice (semi-sweet, dark chocolate – it’s up to you)
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios, crushed
- Melt the chocolate chips, either on the stove top (in a double boiler if you prefer) or in a microwavable bowl.
- Dip half of each apricot in the chocolate and sprinkle with nuts on both sides.
- Lay the apricots on a sheet of wax or parchment paper. Let them set for about 5 minutes or until the chocolate has cooled to room temperature. (If your chocolate won’t harden try placing the apricots in the fridge for 3-4 minutes.)
Makes 12 servings.
Serving size 2 apricots.
Nutritional info will vary greatly depending on the type of chocolate chips that are used.
Leftovers can be stored for 24 hours in a sealed container at room temperature. Remaining leftovers can then be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days.