Cajun Shrimp SkewersJun 15 2011 by
The last few weeks of my life have consisted of unpacking, unpacking and a bit of unpacking. It’s left little time for me to have fun and play around in the kitchen. So lately I’ve been planning meals that can literally be thrown together in minutes. This dish goes from the fridge to the dinner table in less than 10 minutes! It’s packed full of flavor and you can add any of your favorite veggies for a customized meal. For my husband who is not a veggie lover this was a wonderful way to work some veggies into his daily meals. I paired the skewers with a side of brown rice and dinner was complete!
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 8 ounces thawed shrimp, uncooked, peeled, tail on (I used Henry & Lisa’s Natural Seafood Shrimp)
- vegetables of your choice (I used cherry tomatoes, green pepper and mushrooms)
- In a small bowl mix together the first 7 ingredients. (You’ll end up with more Cajun seasoning that you’ll need so place any leftover in a small glass jar for later use)
- Place the shrimp in a bowl and lightly sprinkle with the Cajun seasoning. This seasoning has quite the kick so use carefully!
- Assemble your skewers with the shrimp and veggies and place on a heated grill for 3-4 minutes, turning once during cooking.
- Serve with a side of rice, pasta or a salad.
Makes approximately 12 skewers.
Serving size 6 skewers.
Nutritional info will vary greatly depending on what vegetables are use.
My husband loves spicy food so this meal was a total hit with him. I think mild salsa is too spicy so I actually skipped the Cajun seasoning and grilled my shrimp and veggies with just a sprinkle of sea salt. Then I dunked them in this delicious dipping sauce I made. This is a great alternative for kids that don’t want the spice as well.
Zesty Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup Homemade Ketchup
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp prepared horseradish
- Mix ingredients together and enjoy!