Almond Butter Chocolate Chips CookiesSep 13 2010 by
It’s hard to believe that such a simple recipe can produce such amazing little cookies. Be warned – it’s hard to resist eating the whole batch! Feel free to experiment with different nut butters for a variety of new tastes and flavors! YUM!
- 1 cup no salt added almond butter or your favorite nut butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup raw coconut crystals
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips of your choice (I used SunSpire Grain Sweetened Chocolate Chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl stir together the first 5 ingredients until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a lined baking sheet (parchment paper or non stick foil works best).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes (this is a must – they have to cool slightly before you can move them).
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for 15 more minutes (I put them on a sheet of waxed paper for about 5 minutes and they were good to go!).
Makes 24 cookies.
Serving size 1 cookie.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 110, Total Fat: 8g, Sat. Fat: 1.5g, Carbs: 10g, Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 3g, Protein: 2g, Sodium: 55mg, Cholesterol: 10mg
Leftover cookies can be stored at room temperature for 1-2 days.
You can also add 1/2 cup of oatmeal and 1/4 cup dried cranberries for something different.
For a gluten free treat make sure to use gluten free chocolate chips!