All Fruit Gummy BearsOct 15 2011 by
You know as a grandmother I must provide my grandchildren with treats. I think it’s in the contract somewhere. Providing no sugar vegan treats must have been in the fine print cause I’m not sure how that slipped past me. But, I love my grandchildren and I’ll go to any length to find ways to put smiles on their faces with sweet and fun treats.
Have you heard the Gummy Bear song or watched the video? It’s a lunch time You Tube favorite of my grandkids. Now, how could we watch this video and not have our own “yummy tummy funny lucky gummy bear” to munch on?
While my All Fruit Gummy Bears may not be exactly like the real thing, more a cross between Jello Jigglers and Gummy Bears, they were a big hit with the kids and that’s good enough for me.
- 1 can (12 ounces) unsweetened frozen fruit juice of your choice (Cascadian Farm has several unsweetened organic juices – our favorite is grape)
- 4 1/2 tsp agar agar powder
- Place the juice in a small sauce pan and thaw.
- Once thawed dissolve the agar agar into the juice.
- Place over medium high heat and bring to a simmer.
- Lower heat to keep at a simmer and stir constantly for 5 minutes.
- Pour into candy molds or into an 8 x 8 glass baking dish.
- Cool for 2 hours or until firm.
- Pop the gummy bears out of the mold or cut with cookie cutters.
- Do a little dance while singing the gummy bear song and enjoy eating your own gummy bears!
Amount and nutritional information for the gummy bears will vary depending on the mold and juice you use.
Store uneaten (ha-ha) gummy bears in the refrigerator for up to a week.